The Tuition Refund Plan (TRP) is designed to protect the student by alleviating the loss of funds paid for tuition, room, and board if complete withdrawal from school for medical reasons becomes necessary at any time during the term. The TRP, in conjunction with Yale’s published refund policy, assures the student of a refund of eighty percent of funds paid for tuition, room, and board.
Eligibility: The TRP is available to all Yale students.
Cost: The cost is based on the total amount of tuition and other insured expenses. Call A.W.G. Dewar, Inc., at (617) 774-1555 for an application form that contains the specific cost for your school, or visit the Dewar Tuition Refund Plan website for more information and an online application.
Coverage: Eighty percent of the funds you paid to the University for tuition, room, and board, less any refund or credit due the student from Yale, will be refunded provided the medical condition of the student is certified by a licensed physician and the condition necessitates complete withdrawal* from all classes for the balance of the term.
* Complete withdrawal means that the student has given written notice that due to his/her injury or sickness completion of the term is not possible, and that no academic credit will be received for the term. A written statement from a licensed physician certifying the injury or sickness and the school verification is also required for a claim.
Exclusions: Withdrawals due to any of the following conditions are excluded:
- War or any act of war, declared or undeclared
- The use of any drug, narcotic, or agent which is similarly classified or has similar effects (except when it is prescribed by a doctor)
- Taking part in a riot
- Failure to attend classes for any reason other than injury or sickness
- Withdrawal when the student receives credit for an incomplete term
- Suicide or intentional self-inflicted injury or sickness
- Nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation, or radioactive contamination
Application and deadlines: Visit the Dewar Tuition Refund Plan website for more information and an online application. Application (including payment) for the TRP must be submitted on line or postmarked prior to the opening date of classes.
Underwriters: The Tuition Refund Plan TM is underwritten by Atlantic Specialty Insurance Company, New York, NY, a member company of OneBeacon Insurance Group, for A.W.G. Dewar, Inc., dba A.W.G. Dewar Insurance Agency, Four Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169. The Tuition Refund Plan TM is the Service Mark of A.W.G. Dewar, Inc.
For more information: Contact A.W.G. Dewar, Inc., at (617) 774-1555.