If you are registered as a Yale degree-candidate student, enrolled half-time or more, and paying at least half tuition:
- You receive primary care services at no charge at the Yale Health Center through Yale Health Basic.
- You are automatically enrolled in and charged premiums for Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care.
- You are required by the University to have adequate health insurance (regardless of whether you will be studying on campus).
You may decline enrollment in Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care coverage by submitting an online waiver request. A waiver must be submitted annually and received by:
- September 15 for the full year or fall term
- January 31 for the spring term
Waivers will be processed and credits will appear accordingly on your student account within 5 business days of your waiver’s submission.